Rector needed for a traditional Anglican parish in historic Savannah, GA. Send your resume/application to the following:
Position: Full time Rector-stipend, rectory on the property, and pension contribution of 12% provided.
Location: St. Andrew's Anglican Church (REC/ACNA), founded 1966, 608 Hampton Street, Savannah, GA 31405.
Supervision: St. Andrew's and its Rector serves under the episcopal care of the Bishop, Ordinary, and the Standing Committee of the Diocese of Southeast of the Reformed Episcopal Church.
Duties of the Rector:
1. The Rector is to provide spiritual and pastoral leadership to the membership of St. Andrew's Anglican.
2. The Rector will serve as the chief administrator of the organization so that it might fulfill its mission and purpose as the body of Christ.
3. He will be required to preach, teach, and administer the Sacraments and give primary leadership in the ministries of Worship, Administration, Stewardship, and Outreach.
4. The Rector must have a vision and plan of action for the spiritual growth of the congregation (Per the Constitution and Canons of the Reformed Episcopal Church, Constitution and canons of the Diocese of the Southeast, and Parish bylaws.)
5. The Rector is charged with planning the worship schedule of the church, including observance of Holy Days as listed in the Book of Common Prayer.
6. Additionally, the Rector is to work closely with the senior warden to plan and lead the meeting of the parish vestry.
7. The normal duties of the Rector are typical of any small parish, with priority being given to pastoral care and the worship of the parish.
8. Currently, the Rector's tasks are divided as follows:
25% Pastoral care
25% Worship preparation and leading
15% Personal study, lesson/sermon
10% Parish administration
25% Community outreach
1. The Rector and his family (if applicable) are provided a rectory located on the church property. The physical address is 609 Beauregard St., Savannah, GA 31405.
2. Worship vestments for the rector will be provided and maintained by the parish. Clerical shirts and clergy suits are the responsibility of the Rector.
About the Parish:
1. The liturgy of St. Andrew's is all that is contained in the most recent edition of the Book of Common Prayer according to the use of the Reformed Episcopal Church in North America. Currently, the parish uses the 1928 Prayer Book. The parish hymnal is The Hymnal (1940) of the Episcopal Church.
2. The church employs a full time deacon to assist as needed to conduct services and other functions as directed by the Rector. The parish also employs a full time musician/choir director to provide music for all services.
3. All administrative assistance in the parish is voluntary at this time. Therefore, the Rector must oversee the administration of the parish and coordinate the assisting volunteers. The finances and maintenance of the church property is overseen by the vestry.
The job is being advertised due to the limited number of applications received from previous announcement. Those who have submitted applications need not reapply as your applications are still being considered. Applications for this position must be sent to the Bishop Ordinary of the Diocese of the Southeast by November 27, 2020.
The Right Rev. Alphonza Gadsden, Sr., Ordinary
Diocese of the Southeast
705 S. Main St.
Summerville, SC 29483
Mr. Carl Kleeman, Senior Warden
St. Andrew's Anglican Church (REC/ACNA)
608 Hampton St.
Savannah, GA 31405
Wednesdays at 6:15 PM
Sundays at 9:00 AM
***Sunday school is suspended during the summer months.
During the COVID pandemic, sung Morning Prayer takes place on Sunday mornings at 10:30 A.M. Communion is available on the fourth Sunday morning of the month. Evening Prayer and Sunday School has been suspended for the time being.